Monday, February 9, 2009

Owlpoo.com - New Illustration for “Foxgloves!”

These last few days have been very productive in terms of new illustrations.

So far, I’ve created 10 illustrations which are going to feature in the “Foxgloves” story. These were created using watercolours and a black fine liner pen. I’m happy with what I’ve created so far, some need editing, but some are looking more final now.

I’ve really enjoyed begininng to write the text for this story. As I like to write poetry, I’ve decided to include rhyme or riddles as part of the animals dialogue. Foxgloves is going to feature a jealous adder which tries to tempt the fox, he may speak in riddles to confuse him.
The fox may talk about the adder in this way:- “He speaks in riddles, and confuse me. Is he good or bad? I cannot see…”

This week I’m going to continue writting the text, and eventually I can then play out the page layout for the text and illustrations. It won’t be too long until it’s fully up online! :D

Have made some art contacts in Dubai which may be quite promising!

I’ll leave you all today with one of the 10 illustrations…this one is titled “adder spy,” with the snake watching the fox’s every move….

www.owlpoo.com

No comments: